3.01.2009

no, i did not abandon ya'll


Hi there Puppies.
I feel awful for abandoning you in the abyss of the internets.
I suppose the sheer magnitude of my last entry left me speechless…or not. So, what have I been up to? What have I been amused by? Quite frankly, not much.Here’s the thing. This winter will not end. It just won’t. At this point, it’s about survival. You see, there are a few things that happen to a person over the course of a winter in trying to cope with the plummeting temperatures and serotonin levels.

1) Get your drink on. Here in the Chi, we don’t mess around when it comes to drinking. It is really a coping mechanism, a way to escape and have a crazy fun time. For example, Valentines weekend should have been renamed, “Bitter Bender Weekend.” This involves going out Friday, even though you really didn’t intend to. This kind of night typically has a beginning, middle and an ending of destruction. Saturday was Valentines Day. Oh joy. Drinking necessary. Sunday had been in the works for weeks as a day drinking extravaganza with my friend Faith. We’re talking roughly 12 hours of drinking all around Chicago. Yes, I am a little champion. And let me introduce you to the Bearfight. Slam an Irish Carbomb and chase it a jagerbomb. However, we chased with a cherrybomb. Fucks ya up! Needless to say, I think my liver is STILL recovering. Poor thing.

2) Hibernation. After the bender subsides, curling up on the couch for hours and hours on end is all one can really handle, or afford. For the past few weekends, I have made the couch my own little island. Bad TV, great movies, internet surfing, meals and occasional naps all go down here. This, my children, is what Seasonal Affective Disorder looks like.

3) Overanalyzing my own life by watching relevant episodes of Sex and the City. Self-explanatory.

And so, it is day in and day out, trying to survive until the first thaw. I hope all of you are finding ways to survive the never-ending winter.

Lots of love and sunshine-
Ava-licious

No comments: