12.12.2008

just another day

1)  Waking up blows. A daily battle.
2)  Wearing my hair Carrie Bradshaw curly lately. The bigger the better. Ooooh! Or the Texan phrase, the bigger the hair, the closer to God. Amen.
3)  Train to work totally uneventful. That’s rare. Especially for the Red Line.
4)  Conference call first thing. I am uncaffeinated and DYING. Occasionally confused by the conversation. Productivity could be a problem.
5)  STARBUCKS. At sweet last. Great anticipation for my grande vanilla soy latte (yeah, I went on the small side today).
      a. Someone orders something with “6 pumps.” A grande espresso with 6 pumps. Whatthefuck? What does this mean? How do you reach a specific “6 pump” point? How much effort goes into figuring out that 5 pumps is too few and 7 is too much? Can you REALLY tell? REALLY? If it ever comes to that moment for me in my Starbucks ordering life, I’m going to have to re-evaluate some shit in my life.
6)  Day progresses…slooooooowwwwllyyyyyy. How did anything ever get done before Gchat and Facebook stalking and blog reading? I mean, come ON.
7)  I almost never know what to eat for lunch. Unless I think of it on the train to work. I will literally sit at my desk, starving and unable to decide what kind of nourishment to put in my body. Today, a sandwich from Cosi. That took roughly an hour and a half for me to decide. Yeah, I’m going places.
8)  End this day, end this day, end this day, end this day, end this day, end this day, end this day…
9)  Train ride home. Score a seat. Try not to stare at the Hotness standing by the door. Make up elaborate scenario of how he is my soulmate and we live happily ever after. He gets off at Armitage. Sexy. Goodbye, MY LOOOVE!
10)  Long walk home in the fucking cold.
11)  Arrive at home, change into yoga clothes. Awesome. It’s a motherfucking blizzard outside. You know what? I’m a champion and I WILL get my yoga on. I owe it to my mind, body and spirit.
12)  Survive the blizzard and yoga class. Feeling good, feeling good.
13)  And then my mind starts thinking and becoming angsty. I begin to ponder relationships. I wonder how and why people become involved in them. I feel like an alien studying this “re-la-tion-ship” thing that the humans do. Ugh, no matter. I’ve got better shit to do like watch “It’s Always Sunny” in Philadelphia and write to you beautiful people.
14)  Pass out.

And there you have it, Sweetfaces. Just an average day in the life of little old me.
I’m Ava Worth, and thanks for stopping by.


No comments: